Sorry about the second blog post today, but this news is just too exciting to wait until tomorrow!!
We have decided to replace our regular challenge with a Swap instead. The wonderful Felicia of Scrapzville has kindly agreed to host the swap. Some of you may know that Felicia used to run Scrapzville Swap. Well we can happily say that Scrapzville Swap is back in conjunction with Crafting Ireland!!
For the swap you will be assigned a partner and a theme to follow. You then create a mini album to send to your partner, and you will receive one in return. We will start off on mini albums first and will look at other projects shortly.
The rules for the swap are quite simple;
- The album should be no bigger than 6″x6″
- It should have at least 6 pages including the front and back covers.
- Please remember that your swap partner (probably) doesn’t know you and the work you send will be their first impression of you – so make sure that you are proud of your work and would be happy to receive something similar.
- Please do not sign up for this swap unless you can complete the swap, your partner may be overseas and you are responsible for postage fees.
- You must have an email address to enter – this means you can contact your swap partner to discuss favourite colours etc.
- Sometimes people send extra goodies with an album, this is a lovely gesture but NOT compulsory, therefore it is up to you. Please do not expect to receive extras!
- The last and most important rule is…. Enjoy creating!!
To join the swap you will need to email your details to Felicia at;
How to join in
- Issue 9 Swap Theme—Summer Colours
- Sign up deadline—Sunday the 22nd April by 1pm GMT. You must have emailed Felicia your details by this date and time to be included in the swap.
- Swap partners announced—Monday the 23rd April. You will be told who your swap partner is, and given their email address so that you can get in contact to exchange postal addresses, style preference, etc
- Albums must be in the post by— Monday the 21st May (or sooner). Try to get the album posted as soon as you can so that your partner can hopefully receive it before the next swap is announced!
- The swap is open to everyone, no matter where you live.
When you have finished your album consider taking a photo of it before posting it, and email this photo to Felicia. We will then publish these photos along side the next swap announcement. We will publish them without names just in case your partner has not yet received your album—we wouldn’t want to ruin the surprise!!
We will set up an Inlinks on our blog where you can post up your album details once your partner had confirmed they have received it. This way we can all see the fantastic work being swapped!