I recently came across this product and thought it sounded too good to be true. However a very forgiving price made me buy a pack to try out. At £14.95 they were about €18. This was a very decent price for a pack of 24 colours!
The box they come in is very clever and a handy way to store them.
I used to use oil pastels a lot back in my traditional art days. I love how smooth they are to draw and colour with and love the texture. However I hate the mess they can leave. Oil pastels are obviously oil based. The oil in them never completely dries so anything done with oils can be difficult to fix and preserve.
So what makes these pastels so special?
Well these pastels can be used as traditional pastels. Or you can use water to blend or wash the colour out. If you combine this with a fantastic range of colours that comes in the pack you have a very fun and versatile product.
To see how easy and versatile they are to work with check out page 16 of Issue 9! Below are some of the samples of what you can do with them….
Sorry about the second blog post today, but this news is just too exciting to wait until tomorrow!!
We have decided to replace our regular challenge with a Swap instead. The wonderful Felicia of Scrapzville has kindly agreed to host the swap. Some of you may know that Felicia used to run Scrapzville Swap. Well we can happily say that Scrapzville Swap is back in conjunction with Crafting Ireland!!
For the swap you will be assigned a partner and a theme to follow. You then create a mini album to send to your partner, and you will receive one in return. We will start off on mini albums first and will look at other projects shortly.
The rules for the swap are quite simple;
- The album should be no bigger than 6″x6″
- It should have at least 6 pages including the front and back covers.
- Please remember that your swap partner (probably) doesn’t know you and the work you send will be their first impression of you – so make sure that you are proud of your work and would be happy to receive something similar.
- Please do not sign up for this swap unless you can complete the swap, your partner may be overseas and you are responsible for postage fees.
- You must have an email address to enter – this means you can contact your swap partner to discuss favourite colours etc.
- Sometimes people send extra goodies with an album, this is a lovely gesture but NOT compulsory, therefore it is up to you. Please do not expect to receive extras!
- The last and most important rule is…. Enjoy creating!!
To join the swap you will need to email your details to Felicia at;
How to join in
- Issue 9 Swap Theme—Summer Colours
- Sign up deadline—Sunday the 22nd April by 1pm GMT. You must have emailed Felicia your details by this date and time to be included in the swap.
- Swap partners announced—Monday the 23rd April. You will be told who your swap partner is, and given their email address so that you can get in contact to exchange postal addresses, style preference, etc
- Albums must be in the post by— Monday the 21st May (or sooner). Try to get the album posted as soon as you can so that your partner can hopefully receive it before the next swap is announced!
- The swap is open to everyone, no matter where you live.
When you have finished your album consider taking a photo of it before posting it, and email this photo to Felicia. We will then publish these photos along side the next swap announcement. We will publish them without names just in case your partner has not yet received your album—we wouldn’t want to ruin the surprise!!
We will set up an Inlinks on our blog where you can post up your album details once your partner had confirmed they have received it. This way we can all see the fantastic work being swapped!
Its here – issue 9!! Click on the image below to read it….
It is a bumper issue, packed full of tutorials, products, challenges and inspiring ideas. We have a fantastic new swap challenge in this issue, along with a design team call!!
Enjoy and as always tell us what you like seeing and what you want to see more of!!